Christine Pittman is a successful businesswoman. She recently started the Time Management Insider podcast helping her audience streamline their home lives. Christine launched this podcast off the strength of two food blogs, one of which, CookTheStory, is among the highest ranked food blogs globally. Christine launched her food blog while finishing her dissertation in linguistics. In this episode, Christine shares the story of learning to love the fresh ingredients from her Baba’s massive garden and learning to cook in her parent’s Ukranian restaurants in Canada. But, plot twist! This is also the story of Christine learning (from her mother, it turns out), that to truly grow as a businesswoman, she had to let go of the story. She had to replace a focus on her own story with something even more important - a focus on the people she serves. I love this episode for Christine’s open, breezy speaking style, for her obvious wisdom, and for her willingness to disrupt any storyline with a better idea. Welcome to Christine and to all of you listeners. So glad you’re here.
- Why you need to know the why when you cook
- Canada to Florida
- Baba and Dade and their huge garden
- When you let a kid name a restaurant this is what you get!
- Is it possible to love the hard work of restaurant ownership?
- Christine's parents are #relationshipgoals
- Running restaurants and running a blog: What's similar?
- Coming *this* close to a PhD in linguistics - and if Christine is happy with her decision
- When her hobby became a business and she lost her hobby
- What is the difference between a blog and a business?
- This ONE mindset shift made Christine's blog explode
- How does Christine define a business?
- How do you know if you’re ready to grow your blog?
- Advice to new bloggers
Listen to Christine Pittman of Cook the Story
Follow The Storied Recipe in Your Favorite Player
Christine's Storied Recipe: Ukrainin Dill Potatoes in Cream Sauce
More Episodes with Professionals In the Food Industry
More Eastern European Recipes
How to Connect With Christine Pittman
Cook The Story Website: www.cookthestory.com
The Cookful Website: www.thecookful.com
Podcast: Time Management Insider