I’m so happy to welcome Emily Ho, a recent Saveur Blog Award winner of the Editor’s Choice for Best Food Instagram to The Storied Recipe Podcast!
Emily reached out to me to share her family’s Glutinous Rice Cake recipe along with her memories of the Chinese New Year, which just happens to be this Saturday, January 25th. I learned so much in this interview about this cake and other traditional Chinese flavors and confectionaries, the history of Taiwan, and Emily’s experiences.
This episode focuses on Emily's experience as a second generation immigrant to the US. For more facts on the traditions, history, and culture surrounding Lunar New Year check out this episode: All About The Lunar New Year with Huilan.
- The ideal texture of a sticky rice cake
- The idiom "Nian Gao"
- Her family's migration from China to Taiwan to LA
- What does it mean to be born in the Year of the Rat (or the Rabbit)?
- What are sweet red beans?
- Emily's favorite bakes for Chinese New Year
Listen to GUEST'S NAME
Follow The Storied Recipe in Your Favorite Player
Emily's Storied Recipe
How To Contact Emily