Welcome to The Storied Recipe! In this podcast, every guest shares a cherished recipe from their own culture or heritage. Of all recipes shared, these are the Top 10 Best Recipes in the World.
Criteria for Choosing
A list like this will always be somewhat subjective - especially when I have hundreds of recipes to choose from!!! When curating our Top 10 list of global recipes among the all-time best rated on The Storied Recipe, I used three criteria:
- These are the most delicious recipes on the site! As a family, we have often been surprised by the new textures and flavors we've loved in the authentic recipes shared by my global guests. These are the recipes that my family have requested - or made themselves - over and over again. I can confidently serve them to guests, knowing they'll savor them as much as we do.
- Over the years, I've tried a lot of new techniques and new ingredients. Cooking outside of my comfort zone is part of the fun of The Storied Recipe Podcast!! However, when choosing these Top 10 recipes, it was very important to me to choose recipes that were clearly written and would be easy for my readers to follow.
Top 10 Most Popular Storied Recipes
- Cooks in 120 minutesDifficulty: Easy
This easy, old-fashioned Kentucky Butter Cake is rich, buttery, and soft. Magical butter-sugar syrup creates an irresistible crumbly, melt-in-your mouth crust.
- Cooks in 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Mie Goreng Ayam is a fried Indonesian dish with chicken, shrimp, greens, and a delicious sticky sauce made from Kecap Manis, a sweet soy sauce.
- Cooks in 305 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- Cooks in 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Crispy golden arepas are fried, finished in the oven, then stuffed with a the traditional Reina Pepiada filling -- a creamy, sharp chicken & avocado mix.
- Cooks in 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
The perfect Pollo Frito begins with marinating the chicken! Then fry for a perfect finish. SO delicious & flavorful!!
- Cooks in 90 minutes
A staple of night markets, this Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken with Fried Basil hits all the texture and flavor notes: juicy, marinated chicken bites, coated in light and crispy sweet potato starch, and heavily sprinkled with a flavorful spice mix.
- Cooks in 90 minutesDifficulty: Easy but Time Consuming
Tiropitas, or Greek Cheese Pies, are crispy, creamy, salty, parcels of bliss. Five easy ingredients inside an easy-to-fold package of filo (phyllo) dough.
- Cooks in 220 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Chewy dough and a crispy exterior containing spiced, juicy lamb meat with just a touch of freshness from tomato and green pepper.
- Cooks in 50 minutes
This Pakistani Chicken Korma recipe has tender, flavorful chunks of meat in a spiced tomato and coconut sauce. An easy Chicken Korma for weeknights!
Don't Skip the Stories behind the recipes!
As you try these recipes, tune into The Storied Recipe Podcast to hear the stories, memories, and heritage related to them.
Each recipe will contain a link to its related episode.
Follow The Storied Recipe in Your Favorite Player
Don't know how to listen to podcasts? I'll explain it all right here.
Looking for more?
Here's 10 more to round out the Top 20 best recipes around the world!
- Cooks in 180 minutesDifficulty: Medium
An authentic one pot Cajun Dutch Oven Jambalaya, born one magical night in the Bayou and perfected by John Leekely in long talks with famed chef, Paul Prudhomme.
- Cooks in 285 minutesDifficulty: Easy
This layered, no-bake cake delivers chocolate as it’s meant to be: completely and utterly decadent, rich, creamy, and solid but soft.
- Cooks in 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
A popular, delicious savory Indian snack made from flattened rice flakes and loads of mix-ins. This version is lightly fried rather than deep fried.
- Cooks in 375 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Traditional Jewish Brisket recipe approved by 7 Jewish grandmothers. Instructions to make it successfully in a slow cooker or an oven.
- Cooks in 70 minutes
- Cooks in 70 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Ukrainian Varenyky filled with potatoes and cheese in a soft dough, fried to perfection, and covered with dill, caramelized onions, and sour cream.
- Cooks in 60 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Easy and delicious egg-free turmeric cake from Lebanon
Fattet Hummus (Hummus Casserole with Yogurt, Crispy Pita Chips, and Caramelized Garlic & Pepper Paste)Cooks in 75 minutes
From Omayah: Crispy pita chips hold up well to the tangy warmed yogurt, chickpeas and browned garlic. Aleppo pepper paste in the garlic oil is optional here, but definitely a nice addition if you can get your hands on it. Typically served for breakfast, this hearty vegetarian dish also makes a great meal at dinnertime. The traditional method uses dried chickpeas, but I've also given the option of using canned chickpeas to save time.
- Cooks in 18 minutes
This Malpua recipe from Rai in West Bengal yields the crispiest, fluffiest Malpuas imaginable! Includes a recipe for cardamom and saffron syrup.
- Difficulty: Easy
Hearty Shepherd's Pie made with lamb or beef, fresh herbs, delicious vegetables, and ½ cup of a special ingredient - Guinness Stout.
Still Curious? See ALL Recipe From Global Guests
What to pair with the best recipes in the world
- What Goes with Fried Chicken? 59 BEST Side Dishes
- What to Serve with Baked Brie: 39 Toppings + Pairings
- 47 Best Sides For Shepherd's Pie: What to Serve
- 79 Ramen Toppings: Upgrade from Instant Noodles to Gourmet!
- Christmas Brisket Sides: 59 Best Holiday Recipes to Serve
- What to Serve with Coq Au Vin: 47 Inspired Sides (with Links to Every Recipe)
- What to Serve with Lamb Koftas: 47 Recipes