In this episode, Robert and Lisa share fond memories and hilarious stories of the annual making of the Boiled Christmas Pudding hosted by Robert's mother and his Aunt Carol. If the holidays are a time for catching up with old friends, laughter, and taking a respite from the drudgery of every day life, this is the ultimate holiday episode. Between high school and college, I spent a gap year in Japan. There I met Robert, truly one of the funniest and fun-loving people I know. After that year, we stayed in touch as he met and married Lisa. They raise their family in Japan. Our families only see each other every 4 or 5 years. However, as you will hear, those times are as joyful and familiar as if we saw one another every day.
- A lot of laughter
- What is a Christmas Pudding anyway??
- Memories of stirring the pudding for good luck
- Interpreting multiple versions of the same recipe
- More laughter
- 4 generations born in 4 different nations
- A non-food Christmas tradition from Robert's family that deeply affected me