Selina has this special gift - the ability to transport others to a different time and place. After a career in economics, Selina took this genius and turned it into a life. She bought a very old place on a river in a remote corner of France (not unlike the place in Switzerland where she grew up.) There, she invites those wearied with the pace of the outside world to culinary retreats. Selina teaches her guests to reconnect to not only the food they eat, but also the pleasure of cooking.
Selina first discovered this as a child, when she told tall tales that enthralled her family. Later, in college, Selina led her friends into elegant worlds by throwing glamorous elaborate dinner parties where fancy dress was required. All of us who follow Selina on Instagram are captivated by her gift, and we’ve wondered after reading her poetic, storytelling captions - is this a fairy tale or is this real life? I’m here to say, Selina is very much a real person - a real, rooted, well-rounded person - with an extraordinary gift.
- A large house on a wall of an old town by a river in France
- Culinary retreats to rediscover the pleasure of cooking
- Branding: When art imitates life imitates art
- Childhood on a Swiss Farm
- Why Grandmother distanced herself from a German heritage
- Owning decisions / Letting things happen
- The soul of a place and "stirring well"
- A no-bake chocolate cake that is... everything
Listen to Selina Now
Follow in Your Favorite Player
Follow The Storied Recipe in Your Favorite Player
Selina's Storied Recipe: German Kalter Hund Cake
How to Connect with Selina
Website: Les Poisson Chats
Selina's Culinary Workshops: L’Art de Bien Manger