I reached out to Fresh Farm for this series because, as the host to 30 farmer’s markets in the DC Metro area featuring the work of 240 producers, I knew Fresh Farm would have a unique perspective on the struggles of both vendors and consumers during this crisis. What I did NOT know, but was absolutely THRILLED to learn about, is the number of meaningful programs Fresh Farm has in place to ensure access to fresh, nutritious food for underserved populations in DC. My regular listeners know that, as a mother of 4, I highly value time in the kitchen with my children. Therefore, I was personally MOST excited about their foodprints program in DC public schools bringing both food and food education to kids and parents. Thrilled to share this and so much more with you in Fresh Farm’s information packed interview. Here’s Molly Scalise, director of communications.
- 30 markets/240 producers
- Kids/parents in 15 public schools receiving fresh frood and education
- Connecting local, fresh food to the underserved
- SNAP/WIC matching donations
- Biggest challenge in COVID - not what I expected!
Listen to Molly at Farm Fresh Now
Follow The Storied Recipe in Your Favorite Player
How To Find and Follow Farm Fresh Markets
How to Connect with Fresh Farm
Information for Number 1 Sons, mentioned in this episode
About the Carryout in COVID Series
Of all the conflicting information we’re receiving these days, I’m having the most difficulty reconciling the call to support small, local businesses with the command to stay home as much as possible. Can I support small restaurants without contributing to the spread of the virus? I felt the best way to answer this question was to hear the stories of businesses in crisis and ask THEM my questions. A variety of guests including owners, farmers, and journalists, are participating in this series, so make sure you check back to get a new perspective each day.
More "Carryout in Covid" Episodes
- 034 Carryout in COVID One Decision That Changed Everything with Vegetable & Butcher
- 032 Carryout in COVID : "Order Delivery and Tip Well" with Restraunteur Josh Sapienza
- 031 Carryout in COVID Series: Pivoting, Partnering, Providing with Emma Jagoz of Moon Valley Farms
- 030 Carryout in COVID: Howie Kahn "Eating is Complicated Right Now"