As I listened back to my interview with Josh, it slowly dawned on me why I enjoyed it so much. He’s kind of like that "movie Dad". Everyone in the neighborhood goes to him for advice because he’ll tell it to you straight, but he also gives a lot of hope, and you walk away knowing just what to do next.
After 20 years running operations for high end restaurants, celebrity-chef driven ventures, and national corporations, Josh has made a career of helping owners and chefs be THEIR best. He now moderates a facebook group giving free advice to over 6000 owners, he runs an online community sharing more advice, and has recently launched an app aimed at helping the hospitality community recover when this crisis is over.
After a heavy week, I’m thrilled to share his sage, comforting words with us today. Thanks again to Josh for helping me personally to gain clarity in my confusion, but also for helping this industry that so many of us depend on, whether we know it or not.
- Josh's wide-ranging career in the industry
- Why this industry was equipped to pivot quickly
- "Small business is too big to fail."
- The safety of carryout/delivery vs. grocery store during Coronavirus
- Great tips on what to ask your local restaurants
Listen to Josh Sapienza Now
Follow The Storied Recipe in Your Favorite Player
About the Carryout in COVID Series
Of all the conflicting information we’re receiving these days, I’m having the most difficulty reconciling the call to support small, local businesses with the command to stay home as much as possible. Can I support small restaurants without contributing to the spread of the virus? I felt the best way to answer this question was to hear the stories of businesses in crisis and ask THEM my questions. A variety of guests including owners, farmers, and journalists, are participating in this series, so make sure you check back to get a new perspective each day.
More "Carryout in Covid" Episodes
- 034 Carryout in COVID One Decision That Changed Everything with Vegetable & Butcher
- 033 Carryout in COVID: Connecting Communities with Fresh Farms
- 031 Carryout in COVID Series: Pivoting, Partnering, Providing with Emma Jagoz of Moon Valley Farms
- 030 Carryout in COVID: Howie Kahn "Eating is Complicated Right Now"
How to Connect with Josh
Facebook: Josh Sapienza on Facebook
LinkedIn: Josh Sapienza on LinkedIn
Hospitality Helpline Website: www.hospitalityhelpline.com
Facebook Restaurant Owners Group: Restaurant and Bar Owners, Operators, and Managers
How To Find the Course App
COURSE® is the first (and only) restaurant recommendation app fueled by your own private reviews & artificial intelligence for a truly unique experience.